Degrees and Certificates
Why Choose This Program
All great structures start somewhere. For homes and commercial buildings, that start is with a plan . . . a plan created with computer aided drafting.
The architectural construction technology degree prepares graduates with skills in architectural and civil drafting as well as knowledge of residential and commercial construction techniques. With this degree, you can put your skills to work with a variety of companies: construction companies, architectural or engineering firms as well as building material suppliers or manufacturers. Or, go in business for yourself.
Help neighborhoods and skylines take shape as a CAD technician, cost estimator, material sales representative, or construction project manager. Build your career with an architectural construction technology degree.
- Computer Aided Drafting - AutoCAD, Revit Architecture software
- Construction Technology - Knowledge of various construction techniques used in the residential and commercial industry
- Estimating - Establishing material quantities for a variety of construction projects
- Time Management - Ability to meet deadlines
- Communication - Ability to understand both written and oral directions
Types of Careers
- CAD Technician
- Construction Estimator
- Material Sales People
- Project Manager
- Construction Companies
- Architectural Firms
- Engineering Firms
- Building Material Suppliers
- Building Material Manufacturers
- Self Employed
Projected Job Growth
According to MN DEED, the average job growth rate for Central Minnesota for Architectural & Civil Drafters fields is 3.1%.
According to MN DEED, the average job growth rate for Central Minnesota for Cost Estimators field is 19.4%.
According to MN DEED, the average job growth rate for Central Minnesota for Construction Managers field is 8.1%.
Average State Pay
- Jed Johnson
- Phone: (320) 308-5975
- Email: email@example.com
Clubs & Organizations
Central Minnesota Builders Association Student Chapter