A certified nursing assistant, or CNA, helps patients or clients with healthcare needs under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) or a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
Ready to get your CNA?
- Course schedules can be found by clicking "Quick Links" and "Course Schedule"
- Nursing Assistant courses for Summer and Fall semester can be found by searching for Health Core (HLTH) 1402.
In this class, you'll be introduced to concepts of basic human needs for a variety of populations with emphasis on the geriatric population.
You'll learn about safe environments, emergency measures and basic nursing skills. Skills are performed in a supervised laboratory and in the clinical setting.
This course is intended to prepare students for employment as Nursing Assistants. The Federal and State OBRA laws and Minnesota Department of Health requirements are met in this course.
Ready to Register?
- If you're already an SCTCC or Minnesota State student, please register in eServices. Search Health Core (HLTH) 1402.
- If you're not already an SCTCC or Minnesota State student, you can register as a Visiting Student.
- There are two options for registering as a Visiting Student:
- Option 1: Call 320-308-5075 to register as a Visiting Student.
- Option 2: Follow the steps on the Visiting Students page to register as a Visiting Student.
Our Records and Registration department can help.