The admissions process for online students at SCTCC is essentially the same as students taking classes on campus, however, if needed you can complete the entire admissions process online.
Step One: Apply
- Apply online at sctcc.edu/apply
- Pay the $20 application fee
Step Two: Accuplacer
- Take the Accuplacer assessment.
- If you have taken the ACT test or have previous college level coursework, you may not need to take the Accuplacer.
- Learn more about the Accuplacer at sctcc.edu/accuplacer
Step Three: Advising & Registration
- You will meet your academic advisor and register for classes at Advising and Registration
- Visit sctcc.edu/advising to learn more
Step Four: Apply for Financial Aid
- You may be eligable for grants, loans, scholarships or employment opportunities.
- FAFSA: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at http://fafsa.gov SCTCC student code: 005534
- Sholarships: More than 300 scholarships are available each year. Apply for scholarships at sctcc.edu/scholarships
- Work Study: Qualified students can work up to 20 hours a week as part of fnancial aid, earning money for college and gaining work experience: sctcc.edu/work-study
Step Five: Books & Supplies
- New, used and rental books are available at the BookStop. You can also order your books online: sctcc.edu/bookstop