Veterans Resources - Reminders & Deadlines
- Veterans and current service members may have the $20 application fee waived with proof of service.You may submit your DD214 to the Admissions Office.
- Please remember to complete the SCTCC Veterans Enrollment Certification Form each semester to notify the college of your intent to use benefits.Enrollment information for GI Bill recipients must be reported each semester in order for payments to be processed.
- GI Bill recipients will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) when applying for a new benefit. You are required to give a copy of this document to the School Certifying Official, Anita Baugh in Financial Services.
- Recipients of the Montgomery GI Bill (Chapters 30 and 1606) must verify their enrollment at the end of each calendar month during the term. Go to www.gibill.va.gov/wave to verify through the WAVE system, Web-Automated Verification of Enrollment or call the automated call center at 1-877-823-2378.
- FTA Deadline: If you plan to use Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA), you should submit a request for funding within 10 business days of the start of the term. You may apply up to 60 days prior to the start of the term.
- National Guard Soldiers: As a general rule, if you plan to apply for State Tuition Reimbursement (STR), you must apply for FTA first.