Degrees and Certificates
Why Choose This Program
The mark of a skilled welder is everywhere.
Welding is the most economical and efficient way to join metals permanently. And, meaningful work for skilled welders is practically unlimited in its variety and industries that offer welding opportunities.
Nearly everything we use in our daily life is welded … or made by equipment that is welded. Welders help build all kinds of metal products from the smallest kitchen appliance to skyscrapers and from large containers for transport, automobiles and farm implements, to bridges, and more.
Graduates of the Welding Program are skilled in a variety of techniques, including Shielded Metal Arc Welding, Oxy-Acetylene Welding and Brazing, Gas Metal Arc Welding, Gas Tungsten Arc Welding, fuel gas and plasma cutting. They also have strong knowledge of metallurgy, fabrication and equipment, automated machining, CADD, blueprint reading and safety procedures.
Welds will be made to industry standards using the AWS D1.1 Structural Code and AWS D1.3 structural welding code-sheet steel. Welds will be done in all positions, and guided bend tests will be made to check weld quality.
If you’re looking for a hot career, look no further than welding.
- Work and communicate effectively with other employees.
- Respect the diversity of individuals to promote cooperative teamwork.
- Use appropriate forms of communications to effectively and efficiently communicate with costumers, co-workers and supervision.
- Apply critical thinking and decision-making processes to technical problem solving.
- Demonstrate the ability to schedule, plan, and manage time effectively so you are able to maintain a good attendance record.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and interpret blueprints and codes.
- Use critical thinking skills and apply mathematics to solve Welding problems.
- Select appropriate welding technology, techniques, and be able to properly demonstrate welding ability with GMAW, GTAW, FCAW, SMAW, OFW, and Robotic Welding.
- Determine materials properties to insure safe handling and proper disposal of hazardous materials.
Types of Careers
- Structural Steel
- Plant Maintenance
- Pipe Fitting
- Phone: (320) 308-5931
- Fax: (320) 308-5981
- Email: email@example.com