The admissions process for online students at SCTCC is essentially the same as students taking classes on campus, however, if needed you can complete the entire admissions process online.
Step One: Apply
- Apply online at sctcc.edu/apply, or fill out a paper application
- Pay the $20 application fee
- Pay online
- Send check or money order to SCTCC
- Call Financial Aid Services and pay with a credit or check card
- Additional items
- Send high school transcripts if you have graduated within the last five years.
- Send college transcripts if you have taken college courses
- All official non-Minnesota State College transcripts must be sent to SCTCC. Minnesota State College transcripts are automatically sent to SCTCC.
Step Two: Accuplacer
- Take the Accuplacer assessment.
- If you have taken the ACT test or have previous college level coursework, you may not need to take the Accuplacer.
- Learn more about the Accuplacer at sctcc.edu/accuplacer
Step Three: Advising & Registration
As an online student, you will complete eOrientation and have the opportunity to meet with an academic advisor to register for courses in person or by phone.
Step Four: Apply for Financial Aid
- You may be eligable for grants, loans, scholarships or employment opportunities.
- FAFSA: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at http://fafsa.gov SCTCC student code: 005534
- Scholarships: More than 300 scholarships are available each year. Apply for scholarships at sctcc.edu/scholarships
- Work Study: Qualified students can work up to 20 hours a week as part of financial aid, earning money for college and gaining work experience: sctcc.edu/work-study
Step Five: Books & Supplies
- New, used and rental books are available at the BookStop. You can also order your books online: sctcc.edu/bookstop