Student Support Services

Need someone to talk to?

Make an Appointment

To schedule an appointment call Student Support Manager at 320-308-5096, email, or visit room 1-401, to schedule an appointment in person.  TTY users dial MN Relay at 711 to contact the college.

Need Immediate Help?

If you are in crisis and need immediate help:

  • Local 24-hour Mental Health Crisis Hotline (Central MN Mental Health Center) at 320-253-5555 or 1-800-635-8008.  
  • Central MN Sexual Assault Center (24-hour crisis response phone lines) at 320-251-4357 or 1-800-237-5090. Email:
  • Local Urgent Care for Mental Health, visit the Beautiful Mind Project
  • 24/7 Crisis Text Line:
  • Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255), a free, 24-hour hotline is available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. Your call will be routed to the nearest crisis center to you.
    • Call for yourself or someone you care about
    • Free and confidential
    • A network of more than 140 crisis centers nationwide
    • Available 24/7
  • Call 911 for immediate emergency response

Helpful Links

United Way of Central Minnesota

Mental Health Resources

Food Support - Local Resources

Fare for All
Save money on groceries by using Fare for All to help stretch your food dollars.

If you would like to be screened for eligibility for public benefits programs such as WIC (Women Infants and Children) or SNAP (Supplemental Food Assistance Program) please contact Student Support Services staff person who can confidentially screen you for eligibility.

Finding a Food Shelf 
The Twin Cities is served by a network of agencies, which maintain emergency food shelves to assist people who temporarily are not able to meet their food needs. Generally, you must provide proof that you live in the agency's service area. Food Shelves can provide up to a week of free food. Check out Hunger Solutions for a food shelf in your area.

Additional resources:


Student Support Manager

Northway Building, Room 1-401